With the links below, you can track your IRS and State refunds for the current year.
Click on the icons to check your refund status (these links will open in a separate window or tab):
What To Expect For IRS Refunds In 2013 (Excerpt From IRS Website)
- The IRS issued more than 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days last year. The same results are expected in 2013.
- Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer.
- Where’s My Refund? has a new look for 2013! The tool will include a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages: (1) Return Received, (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent.
- You will get personalized refund information based on the processing of your tax return. The tool will provide an actual refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. Remember, most refunds will be issued in less than 21 days.
- In 2013 you will be able to start checking on the status of your return sooner – within 24 hours after we have received your e-filed return or 4 weeks after you mail a paper return.
Where’s My Income Tax Return? (Excerpt From SC Department Of Revenue Website)
- Did you file a paper return? Our expected average processing time is 3 weeks for your refund.
- Our average processing time for tax year 2010 returns was 15 days.
- 92% of all individual income tax returns were processed within 30 days.
- File electronically and early for faster refunds.
- If you use one of our electronic filing options, it could take only 12 days.
- South Carolina has led the nation in the percentage of its taxpayers that file by electronic or non-paper methods.